Thursday, November 02, 2006

I want a refund from Tylenol PM.

I'm bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. It's 1.35 am.

I'm having issues with insomnia. Problem is, I can't fall asleep. I don't feel tired. Then when I do... I wake up shortly after falling asleep ready to go. Yet, I force myself to stay in bed until a "normal" time and then before I know it the clock is reading some number between 10 and 11 am.

I've tried changing things. Caffeine, nicotine, sugar... everything. So far the only things that get me to pass out at night are alcohol or the hype of having "sexy time" as Borat says. Not that I don't absolutely love having sex... but it always seems that when I plan for it to happen I fall asleep before it actually does.

So much for planning. Besides, when you don't plan for it oh my gawsh it's ten times better at least.

Yet, when I know DH is passed out because he's beat... then my mind starts racing and I can't help but think of ten trillion things I could be doing. Hardly any of them get accomplished due to having to be "quiet" for all the non-vampire hours people.

There's never anything really on television either at this time. Mostly crap I have no interest in, or infomercials.

I've tried everything except go see a doctor. Maybe I should start thinking about it because this has been going on for months and months now.

5 comments:

Madison said...

i really should go see a doctor.

i ended up watching the 1930's black and white version of marie antoinette with norma shearer... and stayed up throughout the entire thing.

ohhh be careful taking old prescription pain killers. they tend to lose their strength and then you take another one and end up getting overly medicated and loopy.

maybe i'll sleep better tonight? *fingers crossed!*

Angry Ballerina said...

I have insomnia too, we should start a club or somthing.....I startd doing yoga again and it seems to be helping with my sleep patterns. You also may have some underlying causes such as sleep apnea, go to the dr....or take a valuim....

Madison said...

ab- i've been told i don't have anything wrong with my physically- it's "all in my head".
i've done the whole valium thing- but military husband has issues with such meds. he likes them too much and can't take them, so i get hosed return.
maybe i'll just become totally nocturnal or something?

bsb- yes, word verification is done with. :) yeah, i think it's going to be another late late night... but i probably won't be on this machine for most of it because after a while my weimzilla starts harassing me to give him attention...

three-way... i know what the boys were thinking. ahaha

Angry Ballerina said...

We should start another blog or something....Ladies of the Night....

Angry Ballerina said...

Oh and BSB, be very careful with that morphine, 60% of overdoses are unintentional due to miscalculations.It can also screw with your bloodpressure, dropping it down to very low numbers. Take on full stomach. Don't drive, and don't make any foolish phone calls...