Monday, October 09, 2006

Future Myspace Whore?

I'm sitting here, after finally logging off myspace, and wondering what happened to me.

I'm the well-mannered Southerner who always writes letters, sends cards, and prefers human-to-human contact in conversation.

Yet, I've turned into the texting, emailing, comment-leaving, anti-talking to another person face-to-face or even over the telephone creature from the depths of cyberspace.

When someone stops by, you feel obligated to chat with them even when you don't honestly want to. However, you can answer your phone or not, read that email or not, and open that myspace message or not- all depending on if you want to deal with them.

I really have traded some friendships for this machine. I've got some pretty stationary shopping to do- at a store and not online this time- and a busy day of returning phone calls tomorrow.

Today it was yardwork. Raking leaves and pine needles that have only started to fall. Cleaning seems to never stop- inside and out of my house.

On top of this I might be pregnant. Now it's too soon to tell, but I've just got this feeling...

I wonder if I should keep up with my pilates? Couldn't hurt anything but my muscles!

1 comment:

Baba Ganoush said...

Not sure where you are with your family (excluded the one possibly in the oven). I have been married for 4 years now, and we have 2 children.

I love my family dearly and spend most of my time with them or working. It has become increasingly difficult to keep in touch with people. My space has allowed me to reconnect with a lot of people that I have not talked to in awhile. Blogging gives me a small outlet from the day to day grind.

Depending on where you are in your life, you might be right - actually talking to people face to face might be better. But as things become more hectic for you, or if you move around (husband in the military right) these cyber outlets will allow you to keep in touch with friends and also give you an outlet when things aren't quite going your way.

Trust me all of that is better than just losing touch with people completely.

Anyway, nice to cyber meet you, and I'll visit your blog again.