Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Well, it's a little after 10 pm on Halloween Night, and after an evening of no scary movies, no get togethers, and no Trick or Treating I can safely say that I've officially let DH ruin the holiday for me.

I was hoping for at least a Harry Potter marathon. Dementors give me the chills more than Jason, Mike Myers, and Pin-cushion combined with Jigsaw and his sidekick chick.

But nope. I'm online aren't I?

See, DH doesn't "get" Halloween. He doesn't like to decorate the house or participate in it. It's not just Halloween either. He's a Hum-bug for Christmas, is anti-Thanksgiving except for eating the food. Oh, and birthdays? He'd rather skip them all together.

So this means I get screwed.

I'm a holiday person. I love to decorate and get festive. I still celebrate my birthday with cake and candles- and I still want presents and cards. I send out Christmas cards and all that jazz...

This is the absolute LAST BLOODY TIME he kills things for me. If he doesn't like it then he can go bite himself. I'm going to have a Christmas tree. I'm going to have my boat-loads of cards. I'm going to go out and get my garlands and wreaths and everything... and I'm not going to feel guilty for it either.



I'm in the mood to go murder a box of cookies.

5 comments:

Baba Ganoush said...

Now normally, I think DH is a man ahead of his time, a visionary, if you will....much like myself.

However, I will agree with you on this one. If I remember correctly, you guys are working on getting a bun in the oven. Don't worry, once you have kids, he will have to start getting excited for all the holidays....decorating, putting gifts under the tree after the kids go to bed, trick or treating, fireworks....all that jazz.

So, in the end, you will eventually get your way.

Lala said...

You go girl... You better decorate your little heart out. And post some pictures.

And if DH doesn't like it, tell him he can be bah hum bug the rest of the year, but the month of December, suck it up! :)

Evil Spock said...

DH needs to get with the program. Holidays are fun, no matter who you are.

Madison said...

baba- yes eventually things will go my way... but i shouldn't have to wait until the earliest NEXT holiday season.

i told DH about the fun we can have underneath the tree this year... maybe that'll change his mind? hehehe

lala- i plan on it. if i have to whip out the big guns and wrap myself up in some little outfit made of nothing but those stick on bows and stripper shoes then i'm going to do it. he can't have presents without a tree... and that's just how it's gonna be!
i'll post pictures- of the decorations not the outfit. ;) well, maybe the outfit just not on. ahaha

spock- i know i tell him but he's holiday retarded. maybe i'll let it slide for thanksgiving- and then knock him out for christmas.
come up with a party idea or something...

now my mind is up to no good.

Madison said...

i know it drives me nuts too- i've got to turn it off.

yeah, i'm a huge christmas card junkie. i know it's not p.c. but i just buy what i like and send them to everyone. if people who don't celebrate christmas take offense then they just won't get one next year.

shame on me!