Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Temporarily boycotting my closets...


I really should be cleaning and doing laundry so I can pack away summer clothing right now. (My last big hoorah before the holidays and laziness kicks in...)

Instead I'm googling apple recipes. Myself and the DH went apple picking this past weekend, and he got a bit too excited. We came home- just two of us mind you- with $40 worth of apples. That's a full bushel or whatever it is. That's like 100 pounds of apples. (I meant that figuratively obviously.)

Did I mention there are only two of us supposed to be eatting all of this? Oh, and that he wants to go again this weekend?

I'd never been apple picking before. The opportunity never arose, which is odd living in New England. Yet, this year (the first that we've been back to his 'home' in three years) I got the urge to go.

I've been trying to give them away, yet it hasn't been successful.

I think tomorrow I'm going to attempt a deep dish baked apple pie. That way if it comes out well I can make five more and send them to work with him as a treat for all the other air traffic controllers. Then again, maybe I'll just send four and keep another one for me. Apples are good for you, and who doesn't love pie?

Meanwhile, SP and MP are finally passed out on the couch. I guess after a day of almost non-stop barking and chasing around MM they've had about enough. Until DH comes home and then it'll be barking and the thundering of paws throughout the townhouse.

This picture above I took of my chipmunk friend yesterday. He has holes all over the place, and I keep getting into disagreements with DH about his removal. I like him, I named him Tom, and he trusts me enough to take bread out of my hand. He stays. So yesterday I found him out gathering acorns, and thought I would help him out. That's the third pile I placed by an entrance to his housing system in the backyard... I was three feet away from him when I took this picture.

But I should seriously start getting back to my closets even though I really don't care to.

2 comments:

Baba Ganoush said...

Ahhh.... Chipmunks are very calming. I feel better already.

Traveling is no fun, especially when you have to deal with Chicago traffic twice in a little over 24 hours. It will all be over soon.

Seriously though, what's going to happen if he tells all his friends about this great lady, who get him food. You'll have a bushel of chipmunks stalking you. That might not be fun.

Madison said...

well i hope he tells all his little friends... i love the red squirrels and the chipmunks in the backyard.

hubby hates it- but then again they don't run on big engines and aren't powered by gasoline.