Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend Rant Summary

It's been a few days...

Friday I went into Boston and saw Blue Man Group for the second time, with DH and Brother.

On the way there, we got stuck in traffic. It took us 3 hours to go 1 exit. Read the synopsis here. Good thing we left early because we barely made it there on time. Isn't it odd how whenever you're stuck in traffic that's when your bladder needs to expel itself ASAP?

Brother never saw the show before- and had a blast.

DH hadn't seen them either- but have you seen that episode of "King of Queens" when Doug gorges himself on egg rolls or something and then has to go to the theater with Carrie and his gas is terrible? Welcome to my life. The entire show was 'fragranced' by yes, MY DH.

Meanwhile, the past few nights I've been grinding my teeth like it's going out of style. I'm starting to think I've got Mad Cow Disease... not the typical sense by the way. More like, I'm mad as in neurotic... cow as in female since I'm not a "heifer"... and disease as in syndrome. Anyways, DH and I went on a hunt for an over-the-counter mouth guard last night for me. Went to three different stores- need a medium size but they only had large in stock. I ended up with a sports mouth guard. It's not even a clear one... so when I wake up in the morning and smile at DH- it's this big black bar in between my lips. Talk about sexy. Purrrrrrrrr.

This past weekend I also had to go to the grocery store... which I typically refuse to do unless it's after 7pm on a Tuesday or Wednesday. Why? Because of a few reasons:
1. People are normally at home and not out buying food. Empty Store = Happy Maddy.
2. It's a reason to hit up the Starbucks inside of Stop & Shop.
3. Old people are sleeping.
4. The little kids are sleeping too.

Yet, I needed to get a few things for cooking with my Momma. So I had to go. Not to my S&S but to Market Basket. The haven for the uber cheap and older people. Not only is their produce all basically wrapped in Saran wrap, but their selection sucks and the store is cramped.

This would be fine except for my lack of patience in these two areas:

1. SCREAMING INFANTS (1.5 years and under only): I don't understand why both parents who are with a single child who is screaming for some reason don't separate and tend to their kid while the other continues on. Why ignore your infant's screams? (Does not apply to older kids. I know why they scream.) Granted, I don't have any children of my own yet- but I have taken care of others' children including my niece many, many times.

2. RUDE ELDERLY WOMEN: I don't understand why just because we're both female, and you've got 50+ years on me that you think that you can cut me in line, push me out of the way, invade my personal space because you simply refuse to wait the whole 30 seconds for me to finish picking out my green beans. I don't get why you won't look me in the face, walk around with a scowl, and treat your poor husband pushing this super over-loaded cart like crap. Why you spend over $150 a week on food for just you/you and your husband- so the employees think you have a lively social life... I've listened to their conversations with the teen aged cashiers mmkay? (My father's mother is also guilty. It's just her and she spends over $150 a week throwing most of it out so the employees think she's doing okay.)

:::sigh:::

I've also started my Pilates regime all over again. For those who seriously have done it or do it- they know it hurts if done correctly. My poor "core"... my abs are so sore it hurt to tie my shoes the other day. This is what I get for going on a three week hiatus...

Enough of the rant. I'm hitting 'post' now.

4 comments:

Baba Ganoush said...

Ahhhh. All the reasons why I refuse to go to Wal Mart!

I would be that the parents that let their kids cry will soon be purchasing them Season 1 of Hip Hop Harry.

Madison said...

More than likely they will be getting that for the Christmas holidays...

Isn't that terrible?

But the Wal-Mart experiences aren't so bad- it's the Market Basket grocery stores that are.

Then again, I normally don't go to Wal-Mart unless it's "school time".

Baba Ganoush said...

Wal Mart, Market Basket....it's all the same. If I have to wait in line too long, get my personal space invaded, and/or not be able to find what I want (because there are not enough employees to stock the shelves or man the checkouts) it's not worth the trip.

I'm lucky though. I have to be in and out of stores all day, so I can get things at my convenience.

Madison said...

lucky lucky man.


i'm jealous.

:(